First-time borrowers (or in some cases, borrowers attending a new school) are required to complete the following items.

Master promissory note

First time borrowers or borrowers attending a new school, and those that have an expired MPN may complete their Master Promissory Note online at for the Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized student loans and PLUS loans.

Entrance and exit counseling

First time borrowers of the Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized loans are required to do loan entrance counseling, which can be done at or you may contact the financial aid office for assistance. For loan borrowers of the Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan that are enrolled less than half-time or have ceased enrollment complete your exit counseling online at

Federal regulations require that first-time borrowers of Federal Perkins Loan must complete entrance counseling before the loan can be processed and Loan exit counseling when they are leaving college. Complete your Loan Entrance Counseling or Loan Exit Counseling online at Mapping Your Future.