Students are accepted to a graduate program at College of St. Joseph if they have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a record indicating the ability of success in our graduate program.
In addition, depending on the specific program of interest, students may have to fulfill other requirements. Acceptance will be determined by the Graduate Admissions Committee.
Students applying to our graduate school must complete the following:
- Completed graduate application.
- $35 application fee.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official college transcripts transcripts showing all undergraduate and graduate level work (in a sealed envelope from the college).
- Scores from PRAXIS – for elementary education; special ed; and reading programs.
- For education division applicants who are not seeking initial teacher licensure, please include a copy of your current licensure. (A copy of current teaching license for reading program applicant is required.)
At the time of matriculation, a student may transfer up to nine credits of graduate course work from another accredited institution of higher education if a grade of “B” or better was achieved in the course. Once matriculated, all coursework is to be completed at this college. The merits of all requests are viewed with respect to the relevance of the previous educational experiences to program goals. The college is not obligated to accept transfer credits or courses of our own that are not approved as part of the student’s plan of study; however, plans of study may be modified by the student with the approval of the student’s adviser.
CSJ pass-through credits taken before matriculation can be used as transfer credits for electives but cannot be used to meet specific requirements. No course taken more than five years before the time of matriculation into the CSJ graduate program can be used for transfer credit.
International students must also include the following:
- TOEFL, ELS or IELTS Scores
- Financial Verification
- One Letter of Recommendation must be from a teacher of English
*All documents must be officially translated.