The College of St. Joseph’s accelerated Bachelor of Arts Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Behavioral Science have been created for experienced individuals as a catalyst for career advancement.
This unique curriculum contains 14 modules that are scheduled sequentially over a period of three semesters and have a combined value of 42 semester hours. The term “module” signifies the integrated nature of this curriculum; it is not a collection of independent courses.
Each module is taken with a group of 15-20 students who remain together throughout the 18 months of the program. The program’s is designed to enhance communication, understanding of management principles and processes, decision-making and problem-solving skills, and lifelong learning.
Graduates of the program learn the skills to:
- Communicate effectively in a variety of settings.
- Understand how individuals and groups influence organizational behavior.
- Understand and apply management principles and processes.
- Develop comprehensive decision-making skills.
- Apply the research process to organizational problem solving.
- Understand ethics in a professional and world view context.
- Gain lifelong learning skills.
ACCEL Program Admission Guidelines
- Documentation of relevant work experience.
- Approximately sixty (60) semester hours of credit from an accredited institution with a grade of “C” or better.
- Grade Point Average of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale for all previous college work.
- Official transcripts from high school (GED accepted as well) and all post-secondary institutions attended.
- One letter of recommendation.
Checklist for Starting ACCEL
- Completed application with $25 application fee.
- Official transcripts* from previous colleges/universities sent to the Admissions Office.
- Personal recommendation form completed and sent to the Admissions Office.
- High school transcripts/GED sent to Admissions Office.
- After acceptance, a $200 deposit is required. (The deposit will be credited toward first semester charges.)
* An official transcript is one that is sent directly to the college from another institution and bears the official seal of the school and/or the signature of an official.