College of St. Joseph provides military veterans the opportunity to turn the skills they’ve learned into tools for academic success. CSJ participates in both the Yellow Ribbon Program and the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
How to Apply
Complete an Application
Please complete one of the following applications:
- College of St. Joseph Application
Use this application to apply now. You may submit your other materials later if needed.
- The Common Application
Use this application to submit your Common App to CSJ.
Other Application Requirements
- A brief 200-400 word essay explaining more about you and your background.
- All official high school and/or college transcripts.* You can use our Transcript Request Form to make this process easy.
- One academic letter of recommendation.
*These must be sent directly to the college from another institution that bears the official seal of the school and/or the signature of an official.
Veterans who are adult learners may be eligible for our Harvest Program, which allows students to earn college credit for significant learning experiences outside of the classroom.
If you would like to find out whether you are eligible for a program or want to learn more about your benefits, please contact Kristie Johnson in the College of St. Joseph Business Office at 802-776-5218.
- Personal academic advising and review of transcripts by our registrar.
- A single point of access for financial management through Business Manager Kristie Johnson.
- Advice regarding federal and state educational benefits for veterans from our Financial Aid Office.
If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after Sept. 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days, you may be eligible to receive benefits under this VA-administered program. For approved programs, it provides up to 36 months of education benefits. Other payments may also include monthly housing allowance, annual books and supplies stipend, and a one-time rural benefit payment
The Yellow Ribbon Program allows approved institutions of higher learning and the VA to partially or fully fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the established thresholds under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
Various educational programs are administered by the Veterans Administration for veterans and their families. To find out if you are eligible for any of these programs, contact your local Veterans Administration office. Call 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit their website.