Transfer students’ records are considered individually and a transfer evaluation is prepared by the registrar as part of the admissions process.
To help in the transfer evaluation, please send a copy of the catalog from the school that you previously attended. Transfer students who have been accepted to the college may receive transfer credit for courses that have been taken at an accredited institution, have been passed with a “C” grade or above, and can be accommodated in the academic program of the student’s choice.
To be eligible for a bachelor’s degree, transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 credits at College of St. Joseph (12 of which must be in the student’s major). To obtain an associate’s degree, transfer students must complete a minimum of 15 credits from CSJ (nine of which must be in the student’s major).
Transfer Student Application Checklist
- Completed online application form, PDF Application or Common Application.
- Official high school transcript.*
- Official* transcripts from all colleges attended.
- SAT or ACT scores if under age 22.
- Two current academic letters of recommendation.
- 200-400 word typed essay.
- A $25 non-refundable application fee.
* An official transcript is one that is sent directly to the college from another institution and bears the official seal of the school and/or the signature of an official.