Transfer to CSJ
Transfer students’ records are considered individually and a transfer evaluation is prepared by the registrar as part of the admissions process.
To complete your transfer application
Applicants should submit the following to our Admissions Office:
- Completed online application form, PDF Application or Common Application.
- Official high school transcript.*
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.*
- One academic letter of recommendation.
- A brief essay so we can learn more about your background (200-400 words).
- A $25 non-refundable application fee.
* An official transcript is one that is sent directly to the college from another institution and bears the official seal of the school and/or the signature of an official.
Transfer students who have been accepted to the college may receive transfer credit for courses that:
- Have been taken at an accredited institution.
- Have been passed with grade of “C” or above.
- Can be accommodated in the academic program of the student’s choice.
To be eligible for a bachelor’s degree, transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 credits at College of St. Joseph (12 of which must be in the student’s major). To obtain an associate’s degree, transfer students must complete a minimum of 15 credits from CSJ (nine of which must be in the student’s major).