Resume & Letter Writing
Your resume communicates your qualifications and your brand – who you are and what makes you different – to employers and recruiters. In a tough job market, you need a resume that helps you stand out in a sea of applicants.
A great resume:
- Grabs the attention of employers and recruiters.
- Sells your strongest skills and accomplishments.
- Shows why you’re a potential match for a position or project.
- Communicates both your current capabilities and potential.
- Helps you take the next step in your career.
- And most importantly, gets you the interview.
You also need a great cover letter
A cover letter is just as important as your resume. It is an opportunity to personalize your resume and sell your skills. These are the important sections in every cover letter:
- Heading and greeting.
- Opening and introduction.
- Body copy.
- Assertive closing.
Career Services offers you the opportunity to participate in a resume and cover letter short course. To participate in the short course contact the Director of Career Services.