Giorgetti Library Circulation Policy
Any currently registered student as well as any faculty or staff member employed by College of St. Joseph is an eligible borrower. Please provide the circulation desk attendant with your College ID. Library material may not be borrowed unless a valid ID is presented.
Responsibilities of Borrowers:
Borrowers are responsible for all items charged out on their ID cards, including returning or renewing material on time.
Borrowing Privileges: Students, Faculty, and Staff
You may borrow a maximum of 10 items from the circulating collections of the library at any one time. This includes media collections, resources of the GRASP (Greater Rutland Asian Studies Project) collection and the CRL (Curriculum Resource Library).
- Books – 3 weeks
- Curriculum Resource Library – 3 weeks
- A-V Material – 3 weeks
- Video recordings (DVD/VHS) – 7 days
- Journals, Newspapers, Reference – Do Not Circulate.
- Irish Studies Collection – 3 weeks
- Vermont Collection – Do Not Circulate
- Reserve Collection – Do Not Circulate
Borrowers may renew library material one time only. Material may not be renewed if a hold has been placed by another library patron. You can renew material either by:
- Coming to the circulation desk.
- By phoning the library at (802) 776-5232.
- Email: email@example.com.
A hold may be placed on any library item that has been check out. The borrower will be notified when that item has been returned.
Borrowers may not take out additional library material if they have any overdue books. The library does not assess any overdue book fines.
- Library material that has been lost must be paid for by the borrower. Material is considered lost if it is not returned at the end of the semester.
- A charge of $50 plus a $5 processing fee per book. If the replacement cost exceeds $50, you will be billed for the additional amount. Charges will be cancelled in the Business Office if the material is returned.
- College transcripts will be withheld until all library material has been returned, or restitution has been made to the Business Office.
- Students will be ineligible to participate in graduation ceremonies and receive their diplomas until all library material has been returned, or restitution has been made to the Business Office.
Policies reviewed April 2015 (Academic Advancement Committee)