Provider Portfolio Program
Welcome to Service Learning at CSJ.
Service to community is a core value at CSJ. Our signature Provider Portfolio Program, in partnership with an entire community of nonprofit partners, advances student learning, leadership, and citizenship to prepare students for lives of active community engagement.
Each year, we partner with dozens of nonprofit community agencies, who each benefit in a variety of ways:
- Diversifying and increasing its volunteer pool
- Educating college students about community needs and social issues
- Promoting the organization to new audiences
- Creating positive relationships with members of the CSJ community
Students will participate in community service and career seminars, while working to construct a portfolio for professional use post-graduation. Service opportunities will be available for students on a weekly basis to fulfill required hours, and templates and guidance will be provided to assist students in building their portfolios. The Provider Portfolio Program is not simply a graduation requirement – it guides students into a position to succeed and thrive in the “real world.”
- Complete 30 hours of community service each full academic year – 15 hours per semester.
- Attend four career seminars each full academic year – two per semester.
- Submit an annual portfolio documenting reflections and hours completed.
- Attend opening and closing workshops.
All end-of-year program requirements must be submitted by March 1. Any questions regarding the Provider Portfolio Program should be directed to Jennifer Arnado, Provider Program administrator. Contact email@example.com or (802) 776-5214.