College of St. Joseph accepts students into our graduate programs who have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, along with an academic record that indicates the ability for success in our graduate programs.
How to Apply
Complete an Application
- Complete your graduate application.
Other Application Requirements
- 500-1000 word statement of purpose.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An up-to-date resume.
- Official college transcripts showing all undergraduate and graduate level work.*
- Scores from PRAXIS (for elementary education; special education; and reading graduate programs).
- A copy of your current teacher licensure (for education division applicants who are not seeking initial teaching licensure. A copy of your current teaching license is required for reading program applicants).
*These must be sent directly to the college from another institution that bears the official seal of the school and/or the signature of an official.
At the time of matriculation, you may transfer graduate coursework from another accredited institution if a grade of “B” or better was achieved in the course. Once matriculated, all coursework is to be completed at CSJ. The merits of all requests are viewed with respect to the relevance of the previous educational experiences to program goals. We are not obligated to accept transfer credits or courses of your own that are not approved as part of the plan of study; however, plans of study may be modified with your advisor’s approval.
CSJ pass-through credits taken before matriculation can be used as transfer credits for electives, but cannot be used to meet specific program requirements. No course taken more than five years before the time of matriculation into the CSJ graduate program can be used for transfer credit.
- MBA: May request up to 6 credits in transfer.
- Education: May request up to 9 credits in transfer.
- Psychology: May request up to 9 credits in transfer (for those programs with 48 or fewer credits;) or 12 credits in transfer (for those programs with 60 credits).
In addition to submitting our graduate application, international students must also include TOEFL, ELS or IELTS scores, financial verification and one letter of recommendation from a teacher of English. All documents must be officially translated.