College of St. Joseph has five bicycles available for any student, faculty or staff to use for FREE.
Participants in the BikeShare are required to complete a bike orientation with our BikeShare Administrator. This orientation will cover fitting your helmet, what to wear and what not to wear, rules of the road, basic bike maintenance, how to properly lock up and more. Upon completion of the orientation, you must complete a BikeShare Registration and Waiver form.
Bikes are available to be checked out through the Giorgetti Library on the ground floor of St. Joseph Hall. The bikes are in a variety of sizes to fit most.
Want to know more about the CSJ BikeShare? Here are a few important things to know:
- There is no limit to the amount of time you can check out a bike – have it for an hour or have it all day! Overnight rental is not permitted. Bikes can only be checked out during regular Library hours.
- Bikes are stored in the holding room across from the Library. Bikes should be returned to this location at least 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- Each bike comes with a key and a lock. Participants are responsible for all equipment and are expected to return the bike, key and lock at the end of your rental. Please remember to lock the bike upon return.
- Participants must purchase a helmet during orientation, or provide a helmet of your own that is approved by the BikeShare Administrator.
- Participants must report any lost or stolen equipment, as well as any damage when the bike is returned. This includes, but is not limited to: flat tires, wheel misalignment, broken bike frame and broken components.
- Participants agree not to operate bikes under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.