Faculty and staff at College of St. Joseph strive to ensure the safety of our students, colleagues and all who visit our campus. The College has a team in the Public Safety Department that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CSJ also has an emergency notification system that sends timely messages to phones, cell phones, email addresses and text devices. This system is reserved for weather cancellations and emergency updates.
The Department of Public Safety offers programs to help recognize and reduce crime, including security escorts available to any person on campus, films and lectures, counseling services, sexual assault education and alcohol and drug abuse education.
- In the case of an emergency, dial 911.
- Director of Public Safety: 802-776-5278
- Public Safety Officer on Duty: 802-345-0118
- To request a safety escort: 802-345-0118
- Rutland City Police Department: 802-773-1816
- Vermont State Police: 802-774-9101
- Rutland Regional Medical Center: 802-775-7111
- Regional Ambulance Service: 802-773-1700
College of St. Joseph Public Safety asks our community to report suspicious and criminal activity.
The anonymous tip form allows you to report suspicious or criminal activity on campus. It is NOT to be used where you expect a public safety officer to contact you immediately or for an emergency situation. If there is an emergency, dial 911.
Annual Security Report
Each year, the College produces an annual security report detailing safety protocol and crime statistics. You can view the most recent security report here.