The Head Softball Coach coordinates all aspects of College of St. Joseph Softball activities including coaching, recruiting, organizing and planning both practice and competition strategies, budgeting, fundraising, team management and administration.
- Strategic recruitment of prospective student athletes to meet roster management, retention and graduation rate goals set forth by athletic administration;
- Budget management and fiscal accountability of the softball program;
- Management of uniforms and equipment, including purchase, assignment and maintenance;
- Game scheduling and management of game contracts
- Planning and management of all aspects of team travel including transportation, lodging and meals.
- Driving school vans to off-campus games, as needed;
- Planning and directing all aspects of practice, individual and team meetings
- Scouting opponents and preparing game plans; management of competition, including game strategy, player and coaching personnel, and bench and on-field decorum;
- Management and guidance of student-athletes in academia and campus life, including tracking academic progress and behavior, with frequent student-athlete consultations;
- Creating a safe and comfortable athletic and professional environment for student-athletes and with other athletic department staff;
- Compliance with policies and rules of College of St. Joseph and the USCAA; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- Two years of collegiate Softball coaching and recruiting experience, head coaching preferred.
- Excellent organizational, computer and communication skills with the ability to work well with all members of the campus community, alumni;
- Knowledge of USCAA and the Northeast Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (NIAC) policies;
- Certification in CPR/AED/Basic First Aid within three months of hire; and
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Applications are considered complete when the following materials have been received at the office indicated below.
- Cover Letter
- 3 Professional References
- Letter of Recommendation
Start Date: August 13, 2018 to June 28, 2019
Apply to Jonathan Lamiotte, Associate Athletic Director, College of St. Joseph.